Thursday, January 14, 2010

Running is Personal

Miles today: 4
Miles in 2010: 49.4

don't think that spending time running with others isn't personal...cause it is.

 
I ran with a Lynchburg Road Runner friend, Nancy, for the first time today...it's  funny how much you learn about someone when you run just a few miles with them.


Nancy has been running for just two years and is a little older than me...but she definitely can maintain! she offered me a lovely peppermint during the run and we chatted about pace, breathing, family, and work.

it was refreshing and interesting to run with someone I don't really know and learn some things about them that i wouldn't normally know unless we ran together.

 I learned that Nancy:
  • has a daughter who is 39 and a few grandkids.
  • prefers not to wear a jacket when running.
  • always carries some peppermints.
  • wants to run a 26 minute 5k this year.
  • used to be a bookkeeper.
  • has a strong kick at the end.
  • is fun to run with!
We had a great run and I am always looking for buddies to run with, so if you're reading this and you run an 8-9:30 mile, let me know. I'd love to run with you!

2 comments:

  1. awww... you write the nicest things!
    you're totally faster than me (and in better shape)... but i want to run with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great run Heather, and thanks for slowing down for me!!! Your kind words are much apprecited. Always nice to make new friends...

    ReplyDelete