Saturday, January 23, 2010

elevation change?


Miles today: 7.1
Miles in 2010: 87.7

For those of you trail runners out there, this change in elevation is nothin'. But, for me, a tried and true road runner, I'll tell you what...running hills like this makes my butt hurt. Anyway, I ran from one of Gregg's friend's house off Hawkins Mill Road, out Coffee Road and up Old Farm Road. You can see by the elevation change that at the 4 mile mark on Old Farm Road I was at almost 1100 feet...and just after the 6 mile mark I was almost down to 700 feet.

Running Coffee Road is fun because it has a bunch of switchbacks that help you climb the hills, and Old Farm Road is great because it's an all-gravel road and is super soft. I definitely recommend running it if you haven't.

So my run ended up being about 7 miles and it was pretty slow because, quite honestly, I'm not a good climber...but hopefully in this year of running I can work on that...in fact, I'll be posting some goals for Project Three Six Five soon...that way I'll have something to aim for.

Maybe.

Like getting faster.

Cross your fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I am so impressed with your running & your blog. You are going to be in the best shape ever. The big day will be here before you know it, too. Keep up the super work. Love from Patterson's mom

    ReplyDelete