Tuesday, January 5, 2010

the Cold Hard Pavement

I had to suck it up without any excitement today and commit to running alone on the cold hard pavement. No one offered to run with me and I didn't get my run out of the way this morning, which left me to run my miles alone tonight...in the dark, in the cold, and without my only pair of warm running tights (because they're in the laundry).

No news teams to share my ideas on cold weather running gear.

No running buddies like Austin to run our traditional after work Peakland Out and Back.

Just me.

And the road.

And a pair of capris that exposed the bottom half of my legs. UGH.

But, I continued my Three Six Five goal today and ran 4.75 miles after work.




I'm proud of myself.

Miles today: 4.75
Miles in 2010: 13.22

1 comment:

  1. Once more Heather, you continue to be a huge source of inspiration to me. This is such an awesome idea and I look forward to following you throughout the year through this project (and hopefully stay motivated on my own goals). Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I would love to be your running partner one of these days.

    ReplyDelete