Monday, January 4, 2010

Buddy System Proves Strong

I came back to work at Riverside Runners and felt excited to share my new goal with my boss, the store's owner, Jeff. He's a runner as well, and I knew he might be excited about my goal and about my blog. I shared my information with him and he said he might even link to my blog on the Riverside Runners webpage! I think that would be way cool.

Anyway, I didn't have time to run this morning, because of course, it was the first day back to work after three days off, and quite frankly, I enjoyed sleeping in...so that left post-7pm as my only option for running time.

In the middle of the afternoon, I was surprised when Jeff asked me to do a quick segment for WSET on what apparel is suggested for runners who run in below-freezing temperatures. I can't say that I wasn't nervous, but I loved the experience and love to share the link to the clip from tonight's news:

Fighting Cold Temperatures featuring Heather V.

Yes, that's me at the end there, showing apparel! What a great way to encourage myself in my own Three Six Five goal after being asked questions about things I myself should be doing!

Later tonight, Jeff asked me if I was running after work, to which I undeniably answered, "Yes!" He then asked if I brought running clothes with me (which of course even if I hadn't, I could always purchase something from the store...since there's running apparel all around me) and told me he had running clothes with him, and offered to run with me tonight.

SO, even thought it was horribly cold this evening (I believe a frigid, windy 25 degrees), I at the very least, had a buddy to run the cold 3 miles on Rivermont Avenue with...which I believe, always makes running a little bit better.

Miles today: 3.0
Miles in 2010: 8.47

1 comment:

  1. The video link doesn't work :(
    I wanted to see your pretty face sporting some winter apparel!!!!!

    ReplyDelete