Wednesday, January 27, 2010

at least it took 25 days...

Miles today: 3.5
Miles this week: 11.1
Miles in 2010: 101.8

oops. I fell.

again.

seriously, though, it was September when I twisted my ankle and busted my knee while out on a run near Fort Avenue...and it was so bad that it almost caused me a DNF at the Virginia Ten Miler. I ran, slowly, however, and finished my 2nd Ten Miler...that's my knee in September (above).

<--that's me on the left, Austin on the right.

about a month later, in October, at Josh Yeoman's Deep Hollow Half Marathon, at Camp Hydeaway, I fell on the trail, again. I busted open the same knee that I hurt in September, and enjoyed some blood during the rest of the race. Austin, my buddy during the race, also fell, so we thought we deserved the "Best Blood" award...

so you'd think that was enough falling for me in the past 5 months...but it must be Fort Avenue that has bad blood with me...because tonight, while running, I fell again.

I don't know how my knee looks this bad (right) because I was wearing capris and they were covering my knees when I fell, but I hit the sidewalk pretty hard, because it's swollen pretty bad tonight and my palm on my right hand where I caught myself hurts a lot.

I ran about 3.5 miles, with the last mile being after I fell...so it didn't feel great, but at least it took me 25 days into this project to fall...

I probably should be icing it right now...so wish me luck on my run tomorrow. :(

6 comments:

  1. that is awesome and hardcore! i am glad you've documented your blood for your faithful blog readers!

    but seriously I hope there's no lasting damage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trooper you are. Blood,sweat & tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouchhhh, you ladies need to work on that balance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed heather, that's a good fall. Wish I was there with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch! that last picture is all kinds of nasty! need me to bring you a lion king band aid?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooo! how is that knee now? You have to get out there tomorrow still!

    ReplyDelete