Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm OBSESSED with this song...

Miles today: 2.4
Miles this week: 7.6
Miles in 2010: 98.3

if you haven't seen the Honda Accord Crosstour commercial, it's my current favorite...not because I like the car or Honda, but because of the music they picked. This song was written and sung by South African, Miriam Makeba (aka Mama Afrika) and released to the US in 1967. "Pata Pata" became a hit worldwide...if you don't know about her...I encourage you to read about her. She was exiled from her own country of South Africa for over ten years because of the statements she made against apartheid and the plight of black citizens in South Africa.

below is a version of "Pata Pata" sung by Daúde, a Brazilian eclectic pop-roots musician, released in 1997. you have to listen...it just makes you want to dance.

and in my case...run.

enjoy!



oh...my run tonight was short. I left work late and was tired...and under-dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment