Saturday, January 2, 2010

Project Three Six Five is underway...

The Mission:

I've begun my project. I've set my goal. As of yesterday, I decided that I want to run everyday for a year. Yes, you're reading that correctly...I'm going to run for 365 days in a row. A run qualifies if it is at least one mile, but most days I will run more than that.

Since most runners take rest days and I've been known to take a rest week or month...we'll just call those one mile days my rest days.

I know, I know...many of you are wondering, "Why is Heather doing this?"...well, I was inspired by a runner who came into Riverside Runners (where I'm the manager) and told me she was doing the same thing. Then, after considering her goal for the past month, thinking about all the obstacles she's overcome, and listening to myself make excuses throughout December to not get up and run, I decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to make it my own goal, as well.

I've always been a horribly inconsistent runner and I just can't let my life fly by without me feeling like I've really achieved something...so with that...in honor of a very fast, strong, inspirational Margaret McHugh, here's to Project Three Six Five!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha... I have also been known to take rest weeks and months! Good job so far... check out my blog: www.runcookwrite.com

    ReplyDelete