Monday, January 11, 2010

+ (plus) one

Miles today: 5.2
Miles in 2010: 36

while running after work today, i had a significant moment of clarity while clearing my head of the days ups and downs.

and i just got to thinking that sometimes, there's just somebody in your life who just makes sense.

when I met Austin this summer, i didn't really think there'd be much more to our friendship than what we did when we worked together...she was 19, i was 27...just didn't think there'd be much between us.

but as i got to know her, i quickly learned that she was kind of like my "plus one" of running. (if you've never seen the "Plus One" episode of Sex and the City, i recommend it) Sometimes God just blesses you with someone you can just glide along with so easily...and that's her.

we started running together this summer and even though she's younger, faster, and way more in shape...we enjoyed our runs together...because it didn't mean we had to talk, it just meant that we could do it and understand each other.

she's a great girl and we logged a good many miles together before she went back to school at Wake Forest...and now when she's home, we always try to squeeze a run in. in fact, you'll remember that the crazy snow we had in lynchburg on December 18th...was just another reason for us to get out and run. here's a few photos we took during our adventures:







so what i was really just saying was that again, tonight, while alone on the Avenue, i just wished i had my plus one with me to enjoy the run. miss you!

4 comments:

  1. I miss you plus one! :( Love youu

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I know about Plus One is that there used to be a Christian pop band by that name a few years ago that had some success. Never watched Sex and the City so I don't know the story behind the episode. Keep running and keep posting--they make for an enjoyable read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I a big geek if I admit I almost teared up a bit while reading this?!?
    Chris G.

    ReplyDelete