Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day One: It's All in the Motivation

Today is my first day of running for Project Three Six Five. Originally my goal was to start on January 1st and run everyday throughout 2010...however, my plans were foiled when we decided to drive to Pennsylvania to visit my family for the new year. Waking up at 9:00am and knowing that we needed to leave by 10am to get to the New Year's party at my aunt's house by 4pm just didn't allow for a run...not to mention it was BITTER cold on Friday morning.

So, my next plan was to run Saturday morning in Greensburg, PA while home with my family...I even got as far as packing my bookbag with running stuff before Gregg and I went out to run some errands. By the time I walked two minutes in the cold from my car to the mall, even in the semi-shelter of a parking garage, I knew I was not going to be able to run on Saturday, January 2nd, either. It was 11 degrees out! I'm a wuss, I know.

So, that left my start date at today, Sunday, January 3rd. I know I'm a little late, but I wanted to be consistent, and at least I had a reason to run when we got back to Lynchburg from my parents' on Sunday afternoon.

Now, I'm not going to say it was easy...the motivation for this run must've been sitting in a corner hiding under a blanket, because even when Gregg agreed to run with me when we pulled in the driveway at 4pm, I still wasn't very much into the idea of running in 24 degree weather...but...he persisted and I caved, and I completed my first run of 2010...all through the streets of Boxwood, a neighborhood off Wiggington Road with a little add on in my neighborhood at the end (not shown). Here's the map:



When I got back inside after a run in a balmy 24 degrees, I felt happy that I had accomplished my first run of the year and my first run in a project to make me more consistent than I've ever been as a runner before.
So, with that, we're off to the races!

Miles Today: 5.47 miles
2010 Miles: 5.47 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment