Saturday, January 30, 2010

Icicle Eyelashes

Miles today: 5.3
Miles this week: 23.4
Miles in 2010: 114.1

I didn't believe it was going to snow.

I kept looking at the radar and it looked like the precipitation was going to stay right to the south of us.

Gregg didn't think it was going to snow either...but by the time I went to bed last night, it had started to snow. I still was a bit skeptical about how much snow was going to fall, so I went to bed with a very small anticipation of snow in the morning.

When Gregg woke me up around 7:00am, he had already been outside to shovel! I was surprised to look out the window to see 4 inches on the ground already...but I knew I had to run at 7:30, so I dragged myself out of bed, put on a hundred layers, including my magenta Smartwool beanie and Gregg and I drove out to Peakland United Methodist to meet his buddies.

I didn't have a running buddy this morning, so I ran by myself from the church out to Riverside Runners and back. This is what it looked like outside at the start:


As I started running down Peakland, the snow was blowing hard right into my face and pretty quickly the snow that landed on my eyelashes was turning into icicles.

I made it out to Riverside Runners and took another picture:


On the way back down Rivermont Avenue, I ran into a few cars that didn't want to move over for me, which was pretty rude, considering I know they had to see me...I was dressed all in black against a thick, white background. But, I made it back safely, finished about 5 miles, and grabbed my camera so I could get some more shots of the guys and our adventures.

Here's Jeff, Danny (with a snowman beard), Gregg, and Brian:


Gregg and I after we finished:


 And we all stopped at Starbucks to warm up with a hot beverage...here's Gregg and I after we dried off a bit:


 We had a great run and it probably snowed another 3 inches while we were out. Hope ya'll enjoyed the snow day!

2 comments:

  1. I honestly didn't think it was going to snow too. Just didn't seem like it would. Now I'm amazed! Looks like you had fun out there. Now comes the fun of avoiding the ice for the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...Lashicles. That is absolutely nuts.

    ReplyDelete