Thursday, January 21, 2010

Meet me at the Greek Church


Miles today: 4
Miles in 2010: 78.2

today I had to go to work early to meet with ASICS and see the fall 2010 apparel/accessories line...being that I don't usually work until 10am, the 9:00am start for the day was a little early for me.

so, of course, I didn't wake up early and run beforehand like I should've, and plus, the weather was crappy this morning...

so I worked all day until almost 6:30 and then had to run after work. Gregg offered to meet me at the Greek Church at Blackwater, so that made the fact that there was freezing rain/sleet coming down a little easier to take since I had to run through it.

it's funny how the Greek Church gets so much publicity being right next to the main entrance of the Blackwater Creek Trail...I wonder if the church people mind all the traffic in their backyard...it's just become a saying of mine..."wanna meet at the Greek Church?" and it's funny, because it never means that you're going to church...it always means your going for a run, bike ride, or walk...

but if you said, "Hey, meet me at Holy Cross or Thomas Road" you'd know that it wasn't for a run...it'd be to go to church...I just think that's funny.

we just ran an easy out 2, back 2 on the paved path...felt good and it didn't even feel that cold out...the freezing rain wasn't coming down hard, so I didn't get too wet.

it wasn't completely dark out, which made it nice to run in the dark because the sky was a strange orange hue...kinda glowy...and you almost didn't even need a headlamp.

but anyway...another run in the books. spaghetti for dinner. mmm.

1 comment: