Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day!

Miles today: 7.0
Miles this week: 23.2
Miles in 2010: 169.7

Today is Valentine's Day and that makes me feel pretty romantical.

I got up early to meet Austin to run from the Boonsboro Shopping Center parking lot...and I was right, the spicy chicken was haunting me once we started running.

Gregg, Brian, John, Gary, Jonathan, and Len all ran, too. Austin and I ran with them up Old Boonsboro and down Boonsboro to Peakland and then slowed down there. I still love keeping up with Gregg's guys...even if it's only for like half a mile. I always feel like a super star.

Austin and I ran down Peakland and then Rivermont to Riverside Runners and back the way we came. It took 30 minutes to get to the store and 32 minutes to get back to the parking lot where we started...so we didn't negative split, but the wind was in our faces on the way back, so I think that accounts for the two minute difference.

Anyway, we ran a total of 7 miles and it was a really good run. When I run with Austin, I'm always feeling like I have to push harder to keep up with her--it's good for me because she's a way faster runner, but I wonder why I don't push myself harder when I'm running by myself. I'll have to work on that.

After our run, Gregg made me breakfast, and then we got ready for church. While I was in the shower, he put out roses for me, and when I went downstairs to leave for church, I saw them. He's funny because he's really good at surprising me. The roses were yellow minis. So pretty!

After church, we came home and vegged out for awhile. Gregg was sleepy because he ran 17 miles yesterday. We Skyped Gregg's mom and David and then just did nothing all evening. I needed that.

My sister invited us over for funfetti cupcakes, so we grabbed some dinner at Mi Patron and then headed over there. My niece was so cute because she loves to blow out the candles, but she wanted me to do it, but then after I blew them out, she wanted a chance too, so she asked us to sing happy birthday to her too. She's so silly.

Funfetti cupcakes are delish! Gregg is my Valentine, and tomorrow is my birthday!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED being home and running with you! It made me soo happy and I had soo much fun!!

    ReplyDelete