Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Rest Day

Miles today: 1.1
Miles this week: 11.9
Miles in 2010: 158.4

I was right...I knew I'd be sore today, but I actually think it's more from the yoga than anything else. I woke up early and went for a short mile run around the block and rested my weary legs. It was supa cold and windy out this morning. Ugh. The mile around my block is not an easy one...so it's not actually an easy mile to run, but I enjoy doing it about once a week or so because I like to see how I improve on the same course...doesn't everybody?

I had a lucky day at work because we had hardly any special orders (only 4 pairs of shoes from two companies!), so that made my morning easier since I was at the store by myself for the first hour.

I also received a lovely, lovely pair of Saucony shoes in the mail from my main squeeze at Saucony, Mark Johnson, and will soon be revealing my love affair with the new shoes (unfortunately, they are not the amazing Jazz shoes above...but maybe even a little bit better!). I can't wait to share them with my readers! Woo-hoo and a big thank you to Mark and Saucony for my early birthday present...did you know I'll be TWENTY-EIGHT big ones on Monday?! WOW.

til tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. i bet i know which shoes you got!!! also... i want to know when mark johnson is coming back to the store... so i can visit him.

    ReplyDelete