Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy 28th Birthday to me!

Miles today: 1.1
Miles this week: 1.1
Miles in 2010: 170.8


Today was seriously the best day I've had in a long time. Here's why:
  1. I woke up and went for a (short) birthday run.
  2. I dried and straightened my hair for the first time in a long time.
  3. I got to work and was followed by Jeff with a birthday balloon and cupcakes from Magnolia Foods (my fave)!
  4. Dave, from Mizuno, came to show Jeff and I the fall 2010 footwear line. We also took a look at some apparel...and after we were done, since it was my birthday, Dave gave me a jacket and some Breath Thermo tights!
  5. I had my birthday lunch at Phila Deli.
  6. While eating my lunch, I checked my email on my phone and was super surprised to see an email from Saucony...telling me that I won last week's contest for my choice of a Garmin 310XT or an iPod Nano. You can guess which one I picked.
  7. I went home after work and Gregg told me to get ready quickly because we were going to dinner.
  8. When we pulled into La Carretta's parking lot, I was a little surprised because I thought we were going somewhere fancy and we just had Mexican last night.
  9. But...to my surprise...as we walked in, I saw my good friends Sarah and Ryan, who surprised me by coming. Then, when we went to sit down, more people kept popping in...Jesse, Stacey and Drew (all the way from Roanoke!), Jeff, Tom, my sister, Meghan, my brother-in-law, Ed, and my niece, Ella...I was so surprised!
  10. We ate dinner, and then I was surprised again with a big sparkly sombrero on my head and a yummy cake...and everyone sang to me.
  11. Since I had such a lucky day, I wanted to play the lottery. We stopped at the Shell station on the way home, and the lotto machine was down, so I just bought a few scratch-offs...and won $20!
  12. When we got home after dinner Gregg gave me a sweet birthday card and a gift certificate for a massage! Yipee!
Thank you to all my friends who made my day so special, and to Gregg, my lovey, who surprised me and cares about me so much!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Heather what a great birthday! I wish I could have been there. :)

    ReplyDelete