Wednesday, February 10, 2010

a much needed day off

Miles today: 5.54
Miles this week: 10.7
Miles in 2010: 157.3

today I had the day off from the store. I worked six days in a row last week and put in almost 50 hours (on top of the fact that I'm running everyday)...so you can imagine I needed a day off besides Sunday.

anyway...I started off the day by waking up early and eating Pillsbury cream cheese cinnmon rolls (get coupons here) that Gregg made. he's the best for making breakfast for me in the morning.

I fell back asleep and woke up an hour later and spent an ungodly amount of time surfing Facebook and my favorite blogs...but that's okay, because it was my day off.

Headed out to yoga at noon and had a super class with Christine. Yoga is very relaxing and invigorating.

I. LOVE. YOGA.

Since it was my day off, I felt like I wanted to do things I never get to do, so I headed to the J. Crew outlet store in Wyndhurst and did a little shopping. They were having a 30% off sale (which ends Saturday, February 13)...where I found a few great deals, including a mint green wool scarf for $11.50. yipee! and a very fabulous necklace (seen below). I don't know when I will wear this, but I'm pretty pumped about my necklace.

After my J. Crew trip, I went to Chick-fil-a for a free chicken sandwich (via coupon) for lunch. I know, you're probably thinking that I don't eat very healthy, but I usually do, and this was just my day off, so it was like a special treat.

I stopped by the mall after lunch and found a cute pair of Nine West flats for $20 from Macy's...for which I had a gift card, so I didn't pay anything at all!

After the trip to the mall, I had to go pick up Gregg at work for our 2nd pre-marital counseling sesh with Anne at Lynchburg College. I can't tell you how much I absolutely love going to see Anne. She's really good for Gregg and I. She has excellent things to say, is a super listener, and gives us both insight into how each other functions as people...it's funny what we learn about each other at our meetings. I love the time we spend there.

Finally, around 6:30, I got my run in. Gregg and I met Jeff at the Starbucks in Boonsboro and did a 5 point something mile loop around the neighborhood behind Old Boonsboro Road and out Peakland and back. It was a solid run...super cold, and mostly icy (i.e. dangerous), but a good run nonetheless.

After the run, Jeff came over and lifted in the basement gym. I had to give Gregg and Jeff a few pointers about their weight lifting...unfortunately, they still have old ways of doing things from the 80s and 90s...so after muscle-girl Heather got through with those two knuckleheads, they had improved on form and technique.

I'm probably going to be sore tomorrow from all this activity...but it's good for me and I'm not pushing too hard, so that's okay.

See you on the run!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to run with you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, never knew you were such a "Material Girl"!

    But hey, what's your FAVORITE winter running shoe? Have any suggestion?Is there a shoe that will "cut" through this snow? I want to "shave" time off my runs and feel "sharp" throughout the run. 50" of snow here.... help me.

    ReplyDelete