Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Don't Want to Run

Miles today: 3.2
Miles this week: 10.5
Miles in 2010: 180.3


Today after work I was tired and cold and didn't want to run. Sometimes several times in the past two weeks, I haven't wanted to run at all. I am tired from working a lot and running a lot. For me, 25 miles + for the past 6 weeks has been kind of tough. I know I'm not even comparing to some runners I know (like Megan and Angela's 15 mile long runs or Patterson's 100+ mile weeks) but I do know that this is the best I've ever done. The videos above and below say it best.

So...with that, I'm just being honest by saying that some days
I don't even want to run.
Isn't that horrible? I hope that in the next few weeks I can build back up to 25+ mile weeks, but I think this week only holds just over 20 miles. That's okay. There aren't any rules with my challenge besides running a mile a day. And I'm meeting that goal. It's just not always easy.

2 comments:

  1. awesome job! and i love your blog! also you will be running those 15 milers with us one day soon!!! the hardest part is getting out of bed at 5. BLAH! ;0)

    ReplyDelete