Friday, February 26, 2010

Gatorade & ODACS


Miles today: 4.18
Miles this week: 14.2
Miles in 2010: 210.2

I find it mildly entertaining that the top nutrition supplement on my poll was Gatorade and that today Gatorade pulled it's sponsorship with Tiger. I know I shouldn't be amused, because he probably really does have a problem...but I'm kind of glad that he's losing his sponsorships because I really do think Tiger doesn't deserve any special attention or role model privileges anymore.

Is that wrong of me?

I know it's controversial...but I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I'm getting married in four months and I just wish that people like Tiger who are so much in the public's eye would be better role models in their marriages. It makes me very sad for his family. That's all I have to say about that. Sorry for ranting.

PS: my absolute favorite flavor of Gatorade now is Blueberry Pomegranate G2...and even though it turns my mouth blue, I kind of can't get enough of it.

More importantly, tonight after work, I headed over to LU to watch the conference championship meet for the ODAC. I hadn't run yet, so after I watched some of the later events, I suited up and ran over to the track, ran three miles, and then ran back to catch the end of the 5k. My run felt good...it was kind of nice to run on the track...better than all the asphalt miles I've been putting in and of course felt pretty fast.

I helped Gregg analyze some of the 5k results with FinishLynx and then watched Lynchburg College win the men's and women's 4x4 relay at the end of the meet. It was enough to put LC's men on top to win the conference meet, but only put LC's women in second place...losing by just TWO points. Ugh!

Overall, Lynchburg College did very well...including my boy Ricky Flynn winning the mile. Great meet...great results.

No comments:

Post a Comment