Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lynchburg Mt. Everest


Miles today: 3.3
Miles this week: 27.7
Miles in 2010: 146.5

I know, I know, there is no Mt. Everest in Lynchburg...but after the record snowstorms in the past few weeks, it does kind of look like we have snow mountains when you drive through shopping center parking lots around here.

Gregg and I went to early mass and then stopped by the grocery store so I could get stuff for baked potato soup for the Super Bowl tonight. We had a noon appointment with Captain Snow Crunch for an afternoon run.

We met in the Food Lion parking lot in Boonsboro and did about 3 miles behind the shopping center on Burnt Bridge, Indian Hill, and Mimosa.

If you've never run Burnt Bridge Road, you wouldn't realize how going up and down the hills there is pretty tough. On the way out toward Indian Hill Road, I didn't notice the hill as much, but on the way back, as you pass Peakland Pool, I was determined not to be lazy as I ran up the hill.

I pulled ahead of Gregg and Jeff (not because I'm faster than them, but just because they weren't pushing hard at that point) and pushed out the hill with consistent strides and awesome breathing. It felt so good.

Jeff said that I put my hands on my hips when I got to the top of the hill in a "look at me go" fashion...but what I really was doing was putting my hands on my hips because I was tired from the hill and needed a place to rest them. Haha.

Anyway, when we got back to the Food Lion parking lot, Jeff suggested climbing on the snow mountains, so I got out my camera and clicked a few shots...here are a few:

Jeff and Gregg pondering the sky...

pretending to be tough

I don't know what they were doing...

me and Jeff at the top of the mountain.

after the run, went home to make baked potato soup and then went to yoga at the Jamerson Y...haven't been in a long while, so it was great to get that stretching in, and Christy, the teacher, was excellent. Saw a few fellow runners in class...(hi Lloyd!) and had a great workout.

Got home just in time to pack up the soup and head out to watch the game...can't help but say that I'm proud of the Saints for dominating after the first quarter and I kind of enjoyed seeing Peyton lose. Is that mean? who cares!?

I will also admit (like Patterson) that my favorite commercial during the game was the Google.com ad about falling in love in Paris. so romantic. I think Gregg and Jeff gagged like 100 times during it. Watch it below.



great day, great run, great yoga, great game. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment