Friday, February 5, 2010

Do You Really Need Snowshoes in Lynchburg?

Miles today: 4.8
Miles this week: 18.5
Miles in 2010: 137.3

I still can't believe that we've had 15 + 14 + 4 inches of snow in Lynchburg in the past two months!

Right now it's raining ice outside and I'm just glad that I had someone to run with this afternoon.

We closed the store a little early because of the roads, and just before Chris was getting ready to leave, I asked if he needed a ride home (he ran to work). He said no, that he was going to run back, and I suggested that I run with him, being that I hadn't run yet today. He was all for it...and initially we were just going to run a mile to his house and then I would have come back alone...but then we got to talking and decided to run all the way to the end of Peakland.

I was pumped. Why?

A. I never ran with Chris before.
B. It was snowing and I love running in the snow.
C. We closed the store early, so my run would be in daylight.

I kept warning Chris how slow I would be and that he needed to be ready for it, but he said he didn't mind, so we went on our way.

Basically, the roads were covered with slush and the sidewalks were covered with snow, so anywhere we tried to run was messy.

It was fun to run with Chris because we got to talk about things we don't normally...just about running in general.

I was hoping to stop by his house after the run to have some hot chocolate with Lori, his wife, and Noah, Kristen, and Ben, his three kids, but his road wasn't very plowed, so I dropped him at the corner and made my way home...

Thanks for running, Chris! It was splendid.

1 comment:

  1. This storm was pretty annoying yesterday with the various precipitation falling ... and there's more snow coming later this morning. I love snow and all, but I've had it.

    ReplyDelete