Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Favorite Running Buddy

Miles today: 5.2
Miles this week: 19.4
Miles in 2010: 215.4

Today was supa busy at work and the day flew by...I was tired because I went to bed late after the meet last night and so I skipped an early AM run.

Gregg said he would run to the store to get some mileage in and then run with me when he got there, so he did just that. I love when he shows up at the store. I love seeing his sweet face. I really love him just so much. I couldn't have asked for someone better to love. Gregg is my absolute favorite person in the world. Here are some good reasons for my accolades:
  1. He listens when I need him.
  2. He makes yummy breakfast on the weekends.
  3. He is a really good cuddler.
  4. When I need a running buddy because I don't even want to run, he runs with me. Even if it's 10:00PM.
  5. He makes dinner when I get home from work at 8:00.
  6. He rubs my back a lot.
  7. He loves me even when I'm a whiner.
  8. He makes me feel pretty darn special.
  9. He tells me I'm a good runner.
  10. He encourages me.
  11. He says he can't wait to marry me.
  12. He smiles when he hasn't seen me in awhile.
  13. He loves doing things with me.
  14. He spends so much time with me.
  15. He usually understands when I'm having a bad day.
  16. He helps me get my things together when I'm feeling disorganized.
  17. He's REALLY good at surprises (like the time he surprised me on SHARP TOP with a DIAMOND!)
  18. He doesn't mind when I'm stinky and sweaty after a run.
  19. He also doesn't mind if I'm not all primped with makeup and nail polish and heels.
  20. He just plain old loves me.
Today Gregg ran from our house to the store (approx. 7 miles) and then waited for me to get my gear on and ran about 5 more miles with me.


We ended up running down Bedford Avenue past the Flowers Bakery to Hollins Mill Road, past the entrance to the Blackwater Creek Trail at Hollins Mill, and up the GIGANTIC Tinbridge Hill, down federal street, a left on 5th Street, a right on Main Street, a right on 12th Street, a right on Church Street, and straight down Church to Rivermont and back to the store. It was actually a pretty tough run and I ran pretty slow...but Gregg didn't mind, so that made me feel good. Good run, low mileage this week because I was tired, sore and cranky...as you all know from the post a few days ago.

READER QUESTION ALERT!!!

What would be the best value in a hotel in
Lynchburg to send our wedding guests?

5 comments:

  1. idk about hotels but i just wanted to tell you how proud i am of you! you're doing awesome! keep it up! can't wait for your big day, boo! :)
    <3 stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used the Holiday Inn Select downtown for my daughter and son-in-law's wedding guests two years ago. Everyone was happy with the hotel. Give them a call and see what their rates are if you block a bunch of rooms.
    Love what you had to say about your fiance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Love. Greg. (right after Dickie)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Craddock is very nice...

    ReplyDelete