Sunday, February 21, 2010

Recovery

Miles today: 4.4
Miles this week: 26.3
Miles in 2010: 196

Today when I woke up my hamstrings felt like junk. I didn't want to go to the 7:30am run and almost skipped. I didn't though...so I headed out to Boonsboro Shopping Center with Gregg and began a run that my legs didn't want to do. I ran with Gregg, Jonathan, Gary, and JC on Old Boonsboro Road and then back to Boonsboro Road, but my legs just couldn't hang with them, so I slowed down around Peakland UMC and hung back.

There's this amazing feeling that happens when you know you've worked your muscles so much that they are just fatigued...that's the way they felt yesterday. This morning, though, is the not-so-amazing feeling of un-bending-ness and soreness.

Part of it probably has to do with stretching. Last week I went to yoga four times and felt so limber. This week I had no time, worked late most days, and was too tired to make it to yoga. In hindsight, it probably hasn't helped. I feel like spaghetti.

So anyway, I ran to the Peakland intersection, realized I HAD to go to the bathroom, ran to Kroger, made a pit stop, and then returned to Peakland and ran to the end, turned around, and went back to Boonsboro Shopping Center. I ran REALLY slow. My legs wouldn't let me go faster...so I guess that means today was just a get out and shake 'em loose kind of day. Stretch, recover, relax.

Gregg and I were supposed to go to Luray last night to visit a friend and talk to our potential marriage pastor, but our plans were cancelled by a surgery, so I'm heading up to Bethesda today for one of his trips. I'm kind of excited to get out of town and enjoy a hotel.

Hope the weather stays nice! We're going to run in DC on Monday! Stay tuned!

And PS: have you seen the U.S. Olympic medal dominance?!

1 comment:

  1. My hamstring is really tight too. I can barley bend my right knee. Guess it's contagious...

    ReplyDelete