Thursday, December 9, 2010

wendy storey

Miles today: 5.0
Miles this week: 15.7
Miles in 2010: 1000+

Today I ran 5 miles with my hubster from Boonsboro Shopping Center. It was cold. Nothing exciting happened like yesterday. However, I forgot to mention that yesterday at the end of my run, I caught up with a lady I know, Wendy Storey, and ran a few paces down the Enterprise Road hill toward the Y with her. She was finishing up her 5 miles as well and we got in a quick chat.

Her name is Wendy Storey. She's pretty much amazing. She's lost a lot of weight in the past year or so by changing her lifestyle and starting to run. It's pretty awesome to see how much better she feels about herself, the energy she has, and the encouragement she's given. She and a friend, Sandy, have stuck with their running and exercise plans even when I'm sure it wasn't easy. She completed her first half marathon in August (the Lynchburg Half) and she's not stopping.
Yesterday, when I saw her running in Wyndhurst, I couldn't get over the fact that she was out running in the bitter cold alone and not giving it a second thought. It made me feel very proud.

The pictures here show her (on the left in both photos) before she started running and then this summer after she'd lost a ton of weight. She looks like two different people. Doesn't it feel you with joy to see her accomplishments? It does me.

Way to go Wendy, you've been a huge inspiration to me and many others! Keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment