Monday, December 6, 2010

i need a balaclava

Miles today: 2.0
Miles this week: 2.0
Miles in 2010: bah!

It looks as though Old Man Winter is here in Lynchburg and I'm pretty sure he's here to stay.
December has become cold, frigid, and windy! What fun...

I've resorted to doing a little research on my next gear purchase...the BALACLAVA.

No, I'm not talking about baklava like Genie mentions at 00:56 seconds in "Friend Like Me" from the movie Aladdin.

I'm talking about one of these:

Gregg has one. We sell them at Riverside Runners. But I don't own one.

Maybe it's the fact that putting one of these on might give you an uncanny resemblance to a bank robber.

Or maybe it's because I'm not really into the idea of my breathing/spit/snot coming back to me by staying really close in the fabric at my nose/mouth.

Whatever it is, I just don't own one of these yet.

But today's run in the bitter 20-degree cold with wind whipping at my already chapped/cracking lips has me seriously thinking...

Do I need a balaclava?

1 comment:

  1. Get one! They are awesome for cold weather running. Trust me I'd rather have the bit of spit n snot than the chapped lips. You won't be sorry. I have the neck warmer that rolls up over my mouth/nose area and it works a charm :)

    ReplyDelete