Friday, December 17, 2010

running barely a mile so I can go to Mi Patron for the 2nd night in a row

Miles today: 1.6
Miles this week: 19.4
Miles in 2010: I don't know, I stink at recording

Today I ran 1.6 miles really quick so I could meet Gregg, John, and Sarah at Mi Patron.

Yes, I know what you're thinking...is Heather obsessed with Mexican?

Welp, the answer is...yes. I am obsessed with Mexican food. I actually have been ordering the same thing from any Mexican restaurant forever...it used to be La Carreta...and I would always get 3 soft tacos (beef) with a side of sour cream and pico de gallo. Ask Sarah she would vouch for me. That's what I always got. Then, for awhile, I changed to three crunchy tacos.

Well, ever since the Ten Miler, when we out to Mi Patron with our friends, the Kellehers, and I learned about a dish (shown above) called Tampico Special, that's all I want. And I kind of want to eat it a lot.

Gregg and I both know it's not good to eat out a lot.

#1: it's expensive.
#2: it's not that healthy.

But we both really like Mexican at Mi Patron, and Mi Patron has brought Mexican to a whole new level.

So anyway, I ran a mile and a half or so after work tonight because I wanted to get done fast, it was cold, and I knew it was a Mexican night. (Yes, I know...we had Mexican last night...)

After my run, I met everyone at Mi Patron and ordered my usual (split it with Gregg).

I think I may know why I've really enjoyed Mexican the past few months...I'll talk more about it in a later blog, but it may have something to do with giving up sweets after Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment