Sunday, December 19, 2010

the Steelers Vs. the Jets

Miles today: 5.4
Miles this week: 28.8
Miles in 2010: a lot

This morning I met Austin and Alexis at Isabella's for the Sunday run. J.C., Jonathan, Gary, and Gregg met and started the run with us.

We headed up Old Boonsboro Road like usual. The girls and I turned around at 2.75 because Alexis' knee was bothering her. The snow on the sidewalks was also still a bit of a pain, so we didn't really want to run too far. We talked a lot about running and our 2011 goals. Mine will be referenced in an upcoming blog.

After we got back to the parking lot, Gregg and I headed home and got ready to meet Austin and her brother at church. We stopped at Starlight afterwards for breakfast, like usual, and then Gregg dropped me off at work (we were open today from 12-5 for special Sunday shopping hours...turned out to be worth it, too!) After work, Gregg and I went to John and Sarah's to watch the Steelers/Jets match-up. That, of course, is a big game in the Cavaliere house. Gregg, being a Jets fan, and me, being a Steelers fan, makes for a pretty good gameday.

Well, we all know the outcome...that the Jets beat the Steelers and that I was pretty bummed. My Facebook status said something like this before the game: Today determines the power in the Cavaliere household. Steelers win, Heather is queen for the rest of 2010. Jets win, Gregg thinks he's king.  
 
Well the Steelers lost. Thanks a lot Steelers. Gregg's been in charge ever since.

1 comment: