Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Destination Running

Miles today: 4.35
Miles this week: 9.1
Miles in 2010: a lot

Tonight was the last meeting of the Lynchburg Road Runners for 2010. As tradition dictates, once again we voted for new officers and discussed ideas for the upcoming year.

It has become my semi-tradition to run to the LRR club meeting at Monte Carlo's each month. So, my good bud Austin (I told you I'd talk about her a lot) dropped off her car at the restaurant and met me at the store so that we could run together to the meeting.

For some reason, one of my favorite ways to run this year has become running to a destination. Running to LRRC meetings and running to Lowe's in Madison Heights were two of my destination runs. I like the feeling of running somewhere and having gotten there by foot. It's kind of fulfilling...like walking to the store when you live in the city, or getting around without a car for awhile.

Anyway, Austin and I got in a little over 4 miles and then I headed into the meeting and she headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment