Saturday, December 18, 2010

Jingle Bell Jog

Miles today: 4.0
Miles this week: 23.4
Miles in 2010: a lot

I've been doing the Jingle Bell Jog for the past 4 or 5 years. It's come to be one of my favorite Christmas time events.

Every year, on the Saturday before Christmas, Riverside Runners hosts this 3-5 mile run at our store.

What started as just about 25 people (Jeff says, I wasn't there) has grown to a 150+ person event. Guests bring baked goods, we provide hot chocolate, Gatorade, and water as well as door prizes, music, and a fully dressed running Santa! It's so fun. The best part is the parade of costumed runners running down the Avenue at 8:30 that morning.

I think my friend Sarah D. said it best: To Heather and all of the runners; It sure made my day to see all of the festive, costumed runners out this morning as I made my way back and forth down the Avenue to the City Market. I wished I had been out there running. Thanks for an unexpected and humorous Christmas Parade!

I met up with my buds Stacey and Austin to run, but since both Austin and I had to work, we only ran 4 of the 5 miles so we could get back to the store.

The event was a huge success...tons of people, lots of cookies, and great door prizes. Jeff even got a bunch of shirts screened to hand out for FREE! to the participants who dressed with holiday cheer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment