Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shelley Blades

Miles today: 3.0
Miles this week: 15.5
Miles in 2010: I really will figure this out...1000+?

My friend Shelley and I used to work together at Riverside Runnners. She has a different job now, at L'Arche, where she makes life fun for full-time residents in a home in Boonsboro. The best thing about Shelley and this job is that it has made her so happy. She loves it and she has the best stories about the people she works with. She also has a really rad blog over here. Funny thing is, she started her picture-a-day blog after my run everyday blog and of course she kept going and has done an awesome job, and I haven't.

However, she has been part of my year of running a few times (I wish more) and today we ran together at Percival's Island downtown. It was supa-cold this morning, but it was totally worth it because Shelley is fun to just listen to. She tells funny stories all the time. Sometimes I don't even want to talk because I'd rather hear about her adventures. I miss working with Shelley, but I'm really proud of her and her job at L'Arche.

We made plans to make cookies together with some of the people who live at L'Arche next week. I bet that will be another blog.

We ran 3 miles today because I was super late showing up (that's another trend of mine) and I had to be out of there by 9:00, but it was a great 3 miles and was super fun to run with my bud again.

Thanks Shelley!

No comments:

Post a Comment