Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sarah's Baby Shower!

Miles today: 3.64
Miles this week: 25.3
Miles in 2010: 241.9

Today after work was Sarah's baby shower. Sarah and I taught 2nd grade together for two of the four years I was a teacher at Thomas Jefferson Elementary. She was there the whole time I was at TJES, but taught 3rd grade before. She was the best teaching partner anyone could ever ask for. I really miss teaching with her, but I had to leave teaching because I was pretty unhappy there.

I was pretty psyched for the shower because A: I love Sarah so much and am so excited for her and baby A. B: I love baby things and C: I couldn't wait to see everyone.

Ashley, a friend, and Emily, Sarah's sister, hosted the shower at Ashley's house. It was beautiful and fun and emotional (I think I cried twice just during the gift-opening)...

I bought Sarah some little sweet baby girl clothes and socks and towels, as well as a Bumbo seat. (see photo) Bumbos are made in South Africa and are very popular. They help your baby sit up as long as she holds her head up...so even before a baby is strong enough to sit on her own, she can sit in a Bumbo seat.

Anyway, we had a blast at the shower...including my personal favorite game, where we passed diapers with melted candy bars inside and had to guess which brown melted bar was in each. :)

Afterwards, I changed at Ashley's house and headed out for a run.

I'm going to go ahead and say now that I've become pretty accustomed to always having a bag of running clothes and my kicks with me at all times. It's kind of funny, but it also makes me feel very accomplished as a runner when I can just pull out my bag from the backseat and throw on clothes for a run. Is that strange? On top of that, I had a few errands to "run" and just happend to actually run to the places where I had to do errands. I love an "errand run."

Anyway, the Carters live at the far end of Riverside Drive near the James River, so I ran out of that area up to Rivermont, and down to the store. I had left my phone there in a hurry this morning at work, so I stopped by to pick it up.

Turned around at the store and then ran up to Rowland (across from the Cavalier) to stop by Sarah and Ryan's house to see the baby's nursery. They just finished painting her room pink, so I really wanted to see it. Everything looks gorgeous. I love baby stuff. I love all the pink ruffles and bows and squishy blankets that come with having a baby. I'm really excited for Sarah and Ryan to be parents. And I'm also excited that she'll be on maternity leave from the time she has baby A (she's due at the end of this month) until this summer.

My biggest new goal for after the baby comes: I will go to Sarah's house in the morning before work to help her out with her new little bundle so that we can spend time together like old times.

One of the hardest things about being on a different work/retail schedule is that I don't leave the store sometimes until 7:30pm. That means that most people are wrapping up and putting up their feet. I feel like I miss out on a little life and that's what's been hardest about not teaching and not seeing Sarah. I really want to make it a big goal to spend a lot of time with her in the coming months. Hopefully, it will involve taking walks with her, and maybe eventually runs (with a baby jogger, of course!).

Anyway, after stopping at Sarah's, I ran back to Ashley and Jimmy's house and headed home. I ran just over 3 miles, felt good, and enjoyed the gorgeous 50+ degree weather.

When I got home, I had a quick shower, and then Gregg and I headed out to Mi Patron (new Mexican restaurant in Boonsboro by Kroger shopping center) to meet my parents, brother-in-law, and niece. Ella loves Mexican. She calls her food there "meat and cheese" and she loves it.

We had a yummy dinner and then went to hang out with my family at my sister's house. Mom made chocolate peanut butter cupcakes for my birthday yesterday, so we had leftovers. Mmmmmm...they're topped wtih my Aunt Beth's famous Peanut Butter Icing. So so good.

Super day!

2 comments:

  1. unrelated to your post, but i told "Team Sunrise" of your 365-day mission and we sure hope you make it out with us as one of your 365 days :)

    also awesome job on those intervals. mile repeats are hardcore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very special friend and I love you so much! :o) Glad you were there! Keep up the great running job.

    ReplyDelete