Thursday, March 4, 2010

Interval Run

Miles today: 6.75
Miles this week: 15.95
Miles in 2010: 232.5

Today my parents came into town, partly to celebrate my belated birthday, so after work, Gregg and I both went on a run at 5:00.

Gregg met up with Brian, Danny, and Matt and I ran by myself from the Greek Church. Gregg had me do mile intervals with a mile warm-up, a fast mile, a rest mile, a fast mile, and a mile cool-down. The goal was to try to run 10 minute slow miles and 8 minute fast miles.

I started at the Greek Church, ran down the paved path through the tunnel (note: the Garmin does lose signal in the tunnel) toward downtown, and then across the bridge near Point of Honor, up to Hollins Mill and back up the hill and around to the Greek Church. My splits were 9:45/7:45/10:20/8:20/10ish. I ended up running almost 7 miles, so my last couple I just kept between a 9 and 10-minute pace. It was a really good run and I felt good even during my fast miles. It's definitely interesting feeling how my body has changed in the past two months. I feel lighter and stronger and therefore it's easier to run faster. I'm pretty psyched about what that means for this spring/summer!

After I finished up, Gregg came Usain Bolting in. He ran a fast last mile and I thought I was seeing an Olympian in person.

Afterwards, we headed to my sister's house to hang out with my parents and fam.

I love birthdays and was bummed the weekend of my actual birthday when it snowed and my parents couldn't make it to Lynchburg, so I was kind of super looking forward to their visit.

Much to my surprise, when we arrived, I had a present waiting for me...a new Chi straigtening iron! I was pretty pumped because my straightener has been on the fritz for awhile...what a super gift! Thanks mom and dad!

We ate ice cream cake leftover from my brother-in-laws birthday (yeah, I know...the sweets things didn't work so well, but I am eating less!) and hung out with my niece.

Note: My mom brought homemade spaghetti for dinner tomorrow. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, those CHIs aren't cheap...trust me...I'm an expert on those things

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i slightly recall something about you and a chi. :( sorry it didn't work out. but I do think it's funny you know that. :)

    ReplyDelete