Friday, March 5, 2010

Run in the Sun

Miles today: 5.75
Miles this week: 21.7
Miles in 2010: 238.3

Today made me feel like the kids in this picture. I LOVE sunny, warm days, Vitamin D, and a good afternoon run. I love running in the afternoon better than any other time of day...way better than morning and some better than evening.

Anyway, I only had to work until 3:00 today, which was awesome because I never have afternoons off. I dressed for a run, left work, and headed over to Lynchburg College to run. I ran my Sandusky Loop from the summer with Stacey. Missed her while I was running, but at least I felt good this time.

Last time I ran this loop was in January after I fell and busted up my knee. It hurt really bad and felt like it was going to explode, so I'm glad that's over with. I ran pretty smooth, felt strong coming up Fort Avenue and even up Greenwood Drive and Thomas Road.

Speaking of busting up my knee. It's definitely a good thing that wedding dresses are long. Otherwise, I'd have a big nasty scar to cover up for this wedding. Gross.

After my run, I did some shopping and then headed home so that Gregg and I could go to my sister's for mom's spaghetti. YUMM-O!

Dinner was super delish. I kind of miss sitting at my mom's dinner table to enjoy her cooking. It was good to have her in Lynchburg.

Oh, I've been trying to do the reader question alert thing, but not that many people respond. Am I really that boring? Here's today's question:

READER QUESTION ALERT!!!

If Gregg and I have a free "Gregg and Heather 5K" the morning of our wedding, would it be neat to invite anyone to come, even if they're not invited to the wedding? Would you come, readers?
Yo, write me a comment, ok?

4 comments:

  1. i think it would be cool. not everyone can come to the wedding that would be waaayyyy too expensive and you want your wedding to be celebrated with the people you love the most. But there are others who love to run and want to wish you both best wishes!!! it would be fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be there without a doubt I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, heck yes! I'd be there wearing nothing but some booty shorts! Hopefully there would be some adult beverages at the end so we could get the party started early! Just joshinnn

    ReplyDelete