Sunday, March 7, 2010

an Out-of-Towner

Miles today: 5.01
Miles this week: 30.3
Miles in 2010: 246.9

This morning I met my friend Sarah's (from yesterday's baby shower) sister Emily to run from Isabella's. She lives in Richmond and was in town for the shower, and since she runs a lot, we made plans yesterday to run this morning.

Emily went to school to be a PT in Richmond at VCU, graduated last year, and now works at MCV. She was Sarah's link to the Ukrop's Monument Avenue 10k last year. We all ran it (me with Sarah and Emily with her friend Elizabeth) and the picture above shows me, Sarah, and Emily at packet pick-up. They gave away really cool reusable grocery bags that we loved, but they didn't have enough t-shirts when we got there and we were kind of bummed with our super size larges. This year, our plan is to email Em some copies of our IDs so she can go to packet pick-up early. Thank goodness.
 
Anyway, this year, Brian, Danny, Jeff, Tom, Gregg, and I are going out to Monument Ave...we're pretty pumped, but I'm sad that Sarah won't be there. She's due like two days after the race, so no running for her lately. Emily is running again, so maybe we'll meet up. I've been running for two and a half months solid, so I'm excited to see how it plays out in the 10k.

Emily and I ran from Isabella's, up Old Boonsboro Road to Boonsboro, to Peakland, and then down Rivermont to Riverside Drive and then turned around and came back. Our run was nice and slow...we talked the whole way and had a good time. It was really good to run with Em because she's so easy going and also is willing to talk about farting and bathroom functions. I mean...really...if you run, you have to admit that the bathroom can be a slight problem for us, right?

After the run, I grabbed some Starbucks for Gregg and I and went home to get ready for church. Gregg made yummy breakfast for me (my favorite on a Sunday!) and then we headed to Holy Cross. After church, we stopped by my sister's to say goodbye to my parents who were heading back to Pennsylvania, then met up with Stacey and Andrew to attempt a Sharp Top climb...

The 501 side of the parkway was still closed, though, so we ended up having a picnic at Otter Creek campground on the other side of the parkway and goofing around in the parking lot. Here are some highlights of the day:

Stace and me getting some airrrr!

everyone attempting a jump on self-timer...

almost success...

the L.O.V.E. photo I've been trying to get

1 comment: