Friday, March 12, 2010

Austin's home!

Miles today: 5.0
Miles this week: 21.1
Miles in 2010: 268

Here --->
are two of my favorite running store buddies: PW and Austin

Austin's home for the rest of the week, so I was happy to wake up at 7:30 this morning and meet her at the Greek Church for an easy 5-miler. We both hate running on the paved trail at Blackwater, but my legs were tired and I didn't feel like running up either direction of Langhorne or straight across to Cranehill, so the only option was to stay flat on the trail.

It had rained all day yesterday, so we stayed away from the trails and just ran the paved path...out 2.5 and back. I am a big wuss and sometimes get nervous when I run with Austin because I know she's so much faster than me. But actually, today, I felt pretty good, all the way out and almost all the way back...and then of course, the cursed bathroom cramp hit me and I had to jog back to the Ed Page entrance with one thing on my mind...how quickly the bathroom would be near. We were also suprisingly lucky to start and finish our run after the rain finished and before it started again.

We saw Helen and her friend on the trail as we finished running, chatted really quick, and then headed out. It's always good to catch up with Austin by running because she can tell me all about school and how life is and I don't have to talk too much (especially since I'm always way more out of breath than her) and I can nod and say: uh-huh...and I don't seem like I'm too much of a wimp. It's great. It's our best catching up time when we're running. Plus she's got a lot more excitement going on in her life since she's a student at Wake Forest and living the college life. I love living vicariously through her.

Anyway, had a good run to start the day, stopped by AREVA to pick something up from Gregg, and then headed home and on to work.

Busy day all week at the store, so I've been on the floor every minute...and I can tell because my legs are a ton sorer than usual.

After work, Gregg and I ordered pizza and kicked up our feet for the evening. I love minutes spent with him. And pizza.

Gotta get up early to run and then help out at the Gifts for Gulu race in the AM.

1 comment:

  1. That's me! Haha, well that picture brings back some good memories. We need to do that again sometime!

    ReplyDelete