Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pre-Marital Counseling

Miles today: 3.0
Miles this week: 9.2
Miles in 2010: 225.7

Gregg and I have been meeting with our marriage whiz every other week since January to talk about getting married. We filled out individual surveys back when we got engaged and when we meet with Anne, we talk about how our surveys match up together and what areas may need to be double-checked.

I really super duper enjoy our time with Anne and the time we spend together at counseling. I think it's mostly because we get to talk about things that aren't always easy to find. I love hearing stories from Anne about her family and how she and her husband Chris have done things to raise a family that has what seems like a great relationship. I love learning new things about Gregg and hearing him explain how he works and why he is the way he is. I just can't wait to marry him.

I know, I know...you're throwing up, right?

Well, it's just that I enjoy being around Gregg so much and am exited that I get to spend the rest of my life with him. He's my very best friend and my favorite man in the whole world.

But what this really is about is the fact that after work, and after our 6:15pm meeting with Anne, as we left the spiritual life building at Lynchburg College, Gregg offered,

Wanna go for a run? I brought my stuff.

You know, it's the littlest things, but can I just say that those two sentences made my tummy do flips?

I LOVE when Gregg plans to run with me and surprises me. It's the best feeling. I know he cares. And I love it. He has probably already run a hundred miles that day, but he'll still run with me.

We ran from the track at LC, across campus to Vernon Street, left on Langhorne, right on Eldon, right on Memorial, and right on some street I don't know which eventually crossed Sussex and turned into McCausland, then a right on College, and a left back across campus to the track to finish up three miles. It was warmer out and felt easy and refreshing. Great three miles with my lover boy.

4 comments:

  1. My wife and I did our pre-marriage counseling through Anne too -- she's awesome! That survey forced us to talk about things that we didn't think we needed to talk about. Six years later, all is great! Nice job keeping up the streak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I just threw up in my mouth a little...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Heather it makes me so happy to read about you and Gregg! I'm so excited for yall to get married :)

    ReplyDelete

  4. This is very good information.i think it's useful advice. really nice blog. keep it up!!!
    counseling massachusetts

    ReplyDelete