Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do you GU? 10 nuggets for today

I'm only on day 5 of Project Three Six Five...but here's a list of 10 little nuggets that made my day:
  1. GU Energy Gel
    if you've never tried it, check out their website, read the nutrition facts, and see why you should...I used GU for the first time today in pineapple and though I must say it's difficult to love the texture of gel going down...I am sure that this stuff works. my run was awesome tonight.
  2. a phone call...
    from a customer at the store today...you can imagine my excitement at the end to find that someone i absolutely do not know had read my blog. our conversation went a little like this:

    Me: Riverside Runners, this is Heather!
    Customer: Hi this is John Doe and I got a call today that the shoes I ordered are in and I just wanted to let you know that I can't pick those up until next week.
    Me: That's fine, we'll save them here for you and see you when you can pick them. Customer: Wait, who did you say you were? Heather who?

    Me: (slowly) Ummm...Heather....Vozel?

    Customer: Like Heather of Project Three Six Five?
  3. Saucony
    we continued an appointment with our Saucony sales rep today, an awesome guy named Mark, and took a look at gear for the fall...i can't help but say that Saucony has done an awesome job of stepping up to the plate and hitting a few home runs in both apparel and footwear. can't wait to try some new stuff in 2010! in the meantime, the current Razor (see above) is a shoe i just can't wait to get my feet in. it's a waterproof trail shoe that is most def on my wish list. check out the rest of Saucony's current gear here.
  4. muffins
    Chris, music professor and shoe guy by day, amazing baked goods connoisseur by night, is an employee at our store...and brought in some amazing honey-sweetened blueberry muffins to work today. they were well worth whatever calories they contained.
  5. Mizuno's Wave Creation 11
    ran in these today for the first time and am excited to say that i love this update...i've been a creation girl since the 2007 Lynchburg Half-Marathon when i won a free pair of Mizunos after the race. since then, it's been really hard for me to change. i can always fall back on mizunos. i heart them.
  6. my fiancé
    i am so excited to marry this guy...he's so supportive of all my crazy goals, he loves me so much, and he makes pretty good dinners from time to time. he's my keeper. and yes, we're getting married on July 10, 2010...so that does mean i'll be running on my wedding day and honeymoon.
  7. my friend Kelly
    had the pleasure of fitting my friend Kelly with some shoes today and seeing 2 of her beautiful children, Ryan and Alexa...and she does embroidery!
  8. a skinny vanilla latte
    my favorite drink at Starbucks, yum. if you haven't seen it, check this out.
  9. a new blog
    my friend Shelley from work started a photo-a-day blog. i can't wait to see a new pic everyday. just kind of wish i could press fast forward so i wouldn't have to wait everyday for a new one!
  10. my 5th run
    i'm so happy to say that i've logged 5.2 more miles in the book and did it with joy this evening. maybe it was the GU. maybe it was all of these great parts of my day. maybe it's just because i'm feeling so consistent and focused. it must be the blog...i love writing...so to all of you readers out there...are you listening? i hope so! tell me how i'm doing!

    Miles today: 5.2
    Miles in 2010: 23

1 comment:

  1. h - it's s. i think you're the most awesome, coolest, dedicated person ever. i love reading this everyday and like you with kelly's pictures i wish i could read a year long journal of your adventures! so excited for this year with you! :)

    ReplyDelete