Saturday, March 13, 2010

Gifts for Gulu

Miles today: 5.34
Miles this week: 26.5
Miles in 2010: 273.3

This morning was the Gifts for Gulu "Water for Life" 5k race at Lynchburg College. Gregg and I both ran beforehand and then volunteered at the race.

I met up with Austin at the school and we ran the Sandusky Loop before the race. I was feeling pretty exhausted in my legs for some reason, so we stopped and stretched at the Perrymont/Fort Ave. intersection. Kept running out Fort Avenue to Grand Furniture, made a right on Sandusky and ran back to the College. My legs were still feeling tired, so I'm not sure what's up. Guess I just need some rest.

After the run, Austin and I got some dry clothes (it had been raining a little during our run) and went up to the track to help out with the race. I had to detour to the bathroom (of course) and then was put in charge of one of the stopwatches for the race. Austin was the clipboard recorder and Gregg was the other stopwatch timer.

Saw some cool peeps at the race: Malcolm Miller (decked out in new gear from Riverside Runners), Chad and Sandy Duff, Erin Elwell and her two beautiful children, Charlie & Emma (who both ran the Amazing mile and were A-dorable), Dwayne Fitts (2nd place), Darrell Wargo (3rd place), one of my former student's moms, Laurie Richardson, the Gellerts, James LaPrade (oops!), and some of my favorite ladies, PJ Jones, Nancy Blackwell, Sarah Bryant, and Dianne Wright.

You can see the results of the race here!

Great race, great cause. Thanks for all the donations of sports equipment and shoes to Sports Outreach.

Headed to work after the race, fit a bazillion people in new shoes, and then spent the evening vegging out with my homey, Gregg. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good turnout. Can't wait for a 5k in April!

    ReplyDelete